Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Tuesday Morning Sketches #745

WOW can you believe that February is already more than half way over?  Yep and it is time already for Tuesday Morning Sketches #745.  I misread some instructions and ended up doing the background different than I kind of should have but I think it still works! With the exception of one more card I will probably use the rest of these irresistible butterflies on a scrapbook page.  

The other main highlight on this is that beautiful Kuretake Gold Mica Ink for the 3 background swishes.  I ordered it several  months ago when it was on sale for $6.36 and it is almost 3 times that price now - but goodness it sure is pretty.  It was from Amazon and shipped to me straight from Japan.  I painted it on Tim Holtz watercolor distress paper and also didn’t like my more solid first try so that is what I used to die cut the happy.  

I hope you are not too sick of this happy die—I just love it so much but I have plans to break down and get some more as soon as I find what I want on sale.  I wrote “birthday” myself with a calligraphy dip pen-yes I do still need a LOT of practice lol.

Now it is your turn to head over to Tuesday Morning Sketches to enjoy the inspiration from our wonderful team and join us for this fun sketch!!






6 comments:

  1. Patti, your card is gorgeous, and there are so many wonderful things to like about it. The embossed Panel, the Embossed oval, the
    color scheme, the swishes...using the first attempt to die cut your happy and last but not least your hand penned birthday! The pop of turquoise layering CS and the butterfly is such a nice accent for all of this! Loving it! Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those gold swishes and the beautiful butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Patti, this is beautiful! I love the colors and the brushstrokes. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every element of this card! It's really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely butterfly on this pretty card. I like the 3 swishes. That color is great with the teal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!