Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Cupcake Inspirations and Retro Sketches

Cute sketch + pretty colors = FUN cards! Low and behold I got to play along with some great challenges again.  Made the top card for Cupcake Inspirations #362 and Retro Sketches #216. The second card was the almost identical twin born because I think it makes sense to make multiples while I'm at it. 

I'm so envious of the adorable stitched clouds of all sorts that so many people have but I made do (for now anyway) with making my own hand made clouds. I added some silver lined velum clouds that came in my CTMH Calypso Compliments.  I cut them in half to stretch them into two cards but I actually like them that way better. I've loved this little angel since the moment I saw her because she reminded me of my granddaughter - the set is from Close to My Heart.  I wasn't thinking and didn't add the "Thank heaven for friends" sentiment that comes in the set before finishing them up so it will have to go on the inside. 

I think some day soon I'm going to have to treat myself to some stitched dies!!  What do you think?  Do you have any and what are your favorites - clouds and or other shapes if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks so much for stopping by :o)











3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Thank you for sharing your work in our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! They are both so very sweet! Such a cute image you used, and I love her flying between big, fluffy clouds! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute & lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!