Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Tuesday Morning Sketches #762

Hello happy Tuesday Morning Sketches #762 day!!

From the first time I saw this sketch I couldn’t get the idea of painting a cute little alpaca out of my head.  I got out some floral stamps thinking I really needed to just do something a little easier but my heart just wasn’t in it. 

I must admit I’m wondering just a little what it means that this is all I could see haha.  You know like those ink blot pictures you see psychiatrists hold up for people in shows…oh this means you are feeling like an old goat and you are diverting your emotions to a cute young alpaca to deny you’re getting old. :o/

I looked up some reference photos on Unsplash and told myself ok you get one try, if it doesn’t turn out - get out the stamps.  Halfway through I was thinking oh man I wasted my time but I stuck with it and I’m pretty happy with this cute little guy.  

I’m hoping that the bunch of flowers makes up for no sentiment because I didn’t really want to cover him up.  Also don’t know who I’m giving it to and for what occasion but I know it needs to be to someone who won’t throw it away - too quick lol.

Can’t wait to see what you saw when you first laid eyes on this sketch! Just let go and PLAAY!!!  See you soon at Tuesday Morning Sketches!






7 comments:

  1. First, I can't believe you painted this alpaca free hand! It is awesome! I hope you photocopy him so you can use the image again, and again. I love the wildflowers in his mouth. Well done! Big Hug, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Debby and thank you for the idea that I should copy it so I can print more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, this is Patti and I voice texted that so it spelled your name wrong lol sorry about that

      Delete
  3. Adorable! It is fantastic that you can paint an alpaca freehand. And it is so u=cute. Love that startled expression he has. Any one would be cheered receiving this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Patti!! Your painting is amazing, and I absolutely LOVE this!! I agree with Debi... you should copy and print this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you saw an alpaca! And I knew the second I saw it that you painted it. You're so talented. Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet alpaca! Love it! Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!