Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tuesday Morning Sketches #708

Happy Tuesday!  

It’s time for  Tuesday Morning Sketches #708.  I immediately thought of this die when I saw this sketch.  I have used it for a past sketch but it has been quite a while ago and as you most likely know dies are not exactly cheap so we need to get as much value as possible out of each one right?

I die cut 200 gsm cold press water color paper and very simply watercolored the whole thing. Just added a few little doodles to the candles with a micron pen. I very painstakingly figured out how I wanted to cut the background paper to strategically place the neat knots on the wood then proceeded to adhere it to the card base in the WRONG direction lol - so much for figuring the perfect knot placement! 

Thought I would share my two best puppies that anyone could ever have.  They both went over the rainbow bridge, our fawn last October and our sealed brindle a couple weeks ago. My husband was so sad all he could think of is filling our home with pitter patter of little feet again so we will be welcoming two new boxer puppies in the next week or two as soon as they are ready to leave their mama.

My heart goes out to all who have lost loved ones, loosing a pet is so sad but loosing a person is life altering. They leave a void that can’t be filled.  The older we get the more voids we are left with and it never gets any easier to say good bye.  I do believe in heaven and that we will get to see them again - that is our future and hope.




I hope we have the pleasure of you joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a WONDERFUL week!








5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Patti, all of your strategic placement turned out great. Condolences on the loss of your furbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and festive card. Not sure how else you would have placed it but this looks perfect to me. So sorry for the loss of your fur babies. And congrats on your new fur family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppies are so darn cute! Your card is cute, too. But those puppies...........Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! This is such a fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card! That is the greatest sentiment die cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!