Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches #543

Hello and happy Leap Week! 

Four years ago at this time I was waiting for my youngest granddaughter to be born, she was almost a week over due and I had purchased tickets to see her thinking she would surely be there by the date or at least a day or two into my visit then the 26th - 28th came and went so I was betting on a Leap Day baby but nope. 

I had my other 4 grands during the waiting time so it flew by and we did lots of walks together as a family! I thought I would have to go home on March 1 without seeing her but she came on my very last day!!  She was born at home and I had the honor of holding her quite a lot before I had to leave.  What fun memories!

Now on to this weeks fabulous sketch!  You will love creating with it and seeing what the rest of our team made for Tuesday Morning Sketches #543.  My first thought was to try painting the flourish image and while I enjoyed playing around with painting it, I’m not really in love with my results, I just need more practice. It was also a challenge punching scallops on thick water color paper.  I ended up just using card stock for the black one because I could use the metallic water color with minimal water. 

Whatever you try or however you interpret it have FUN!!!









Andrea



5 comments:

  1. Both of your variations are beautiful. The silver and gold is so elegant. The pink has such gorgeous embossing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards turned out wonderful! I love that you hand painted the flourish. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing - and I think your painting skills are quite extraordinary! There is no way I could do that without hours of practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta hand it to you for hand-painting your focal image. I wish I had that talent. I love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both wonderful, but your painted flourish is amazing!! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!