Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches #541

Well HI!  

Here we are already time for Tuesday Morning Sketches #541!! This was originally sketch #511 from last year it is Melissa’s pick. We are almost done with all the team picks, mine is coming up next week after which we have some fabulous new sketches!!  

Paper and inks are from CTMH and Arches Water color paper.  The doily die is Sizzix (I’m pretty sure).  As for the paint it’s just leftovers from my pallet so I really don’t know what I had on it.

First I was trying no line water coloring after stamping and the image was just too detailed for my patience level.  


So next I just used the die and free handed a few without stamping the image. I decided that I liked the ones with a little smaller roses but went ahead and used them all with different colors. I’ll definitely be trying this out more in the future.







Finally the last thing I did is outline the free handed flowers because I just thought it was missing something - what to you think was it better before or after?


Just a quick reminder that you can make great use of your layering paper by cutting some die cuts before you layer.  I’m usually pretty frugal with really special papers like this black glitter paper.



I can hardly wait to see what you create with us this week!  Have fun!



Andrea

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! I am hesitant to use black glitter paper for anything but Halloween but I may have to revisit that thought after seeing your creations!

    XOXO - LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great samples of this sketch. Your glitter paper is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are ALL beautiful!!
    Your painting skills are amazing!!! I love them all!
    (I like it both ways, but I think the outlining on the last one helps it pop against the black. But seriously, it's wonderful either way!S)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! The color palettes you used are wonderful and those flowers in the soft colors are just so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely! I do like the last image with the outline but they are all really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!