Monday, January 6, 2014

CTMH Cloud Nine - Retro Sketches - & Color Throwdown

More goodies from yesterday's playtime using CTMH Cloud Nine stamps.  This card I made for Color Throwdown #273 and Retro Sketches #96















I think that one of the best parts of doing a color challenge is collecting the little batch of goodies that you think you need or might use for your project. A little chocolate always helps :o)





Since I only wanted a tiny silver border I decided it would be a good idea to punch a few shapes.  



It's wonderful how the glitter stays on Close to My Heart glitter paper so well.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped heart. I cut the bow just as it is off of a stuffed dog that I sent my grandson last Easter - I thought he would think it was too girly.  




2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Love those clips on the side. Great tip for punching out the part of the paper being hidden. I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those paper clips-very clever!! :) also, that's a very good idea for using paper in an economical fashion!! This is a wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!