Sunday, May 27, 2012

H2H Challenge - Inspired by. . . cheese?


I hope I slide by with just enough distressing for the Heart to Heart Challenge...just wasn't in the mood to do much more than this.  I really like the look of  slightly distressed paper, it reminds me of some of my favorite cotton clothes, bet you have some like that that you've just enjoyed so long,  that although frayed and some holes about to peek though you're not ready to say "so long"?


Yes this card was inspired by creamy, natural mini Babybel cheese.  Boy those people do not take the adage "It's all about the presentation" lightly!  After successfully resisting many times, I eventually succumbed and brought home one of the little red net bags of yummy, natural goodness.  


As for the presentation, first it's the red net bag, next undoing the bright red cellophane feels kind of like opening a Christmas gift, then the little tabs you pull perfectly divide the wax coating, reminding me of opening a plastic Easter egg to reveal a prize inside; quite a production for a couple bites of semi soft cheese.  


Worth it?  Hmmm, it depends.  I'd say it's worth it at least once, even though the price for the little cuties is actually not all that bad at Costco, they may not be something I purchase regularly.  I'm appreciative of the "presentation" it did inspire me use these colors to make a few things and if you come visit again the red net may just show up on another creation sometime soon.   


Here's what I used: 


Dotty for You Paper Pack (only available until 5-31-2012)
White Daisy, Holiday Red and Sweet Leaf card stock
Red Button Collection
Paradise Paper Flower Collection
Colonial White Waxy Flax


Everything is Close to My Heart and available on my website, except for the red thread stiching and faux stitching I did with a PaperMate InkJoy pen, they sure are fun and they were only around $2 for a set of 10!  They're not archival so not good for scrapbooking but fine for other paper crafting. 



4 comments:

  1. Your card is so summer-y and cheerful! I love how you found inspiration in an unusual place and turned it into a lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Patti. Love the inspiration and your button flowers!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. The button bling is adorable. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheese - such a versatile food! haha! Love the buttons.
    Thanks for playing H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!