Thursday, September 10, 2009

Front Yard Fun



Here's those cute little grandson's of mine again, this time with their cute daddy too! I actually created this 2 page layout 3 times, one for each of the boys' books and one for mine. It took less than 1.5 hours to complete the 6 pages. They were all pretty close to the same, I did the journaling on my computer in "CTMH Hippo" font; that made it very easy to just copy and past to switch up the words just a little for each one depending on who it is for. If it seems crazy to make so many; so be it!! I just have a feeling that someday I could be giving the boys their books and I don't want to be giving up the only layouts I have of many of the pics. The supplies I used were...Back Country Level I&II paper kits, Rustic Alphabet and Backwoods stamp sets. And oh yes, of course Simple Stitches. Colors are Outdoor Denim, New England Ivy and Barn Red. On the level one kit I covered up the tree pattern paper, it felt at first like I was maybe wasting the premade pages, but for as quick as they all went together I decided that it was not a waste at all....good use of supplies actually. Granted these are VERY simple, however, layouts like these cost about $3 which is less than 1/4 of the industry average! Amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Superb job Patti on all your recent LO's and cards and so glad to see a peek into your creativity every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!