Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #637

WOW WOW WOW!  It’s Christmas week!!!  It is so true what they say about how the older you get the quicker time passes!  Plus, you say the same things over and over and over, so I’ve probably said that way too many times already!!

The last week of the year is the only time we do “Anything Goes” at TMS.  So this is what I made for Tuesday Morning Sketches #637…yes! I finally scrapbooked again.  I don’t know if I even made one page this year until now.  I’m getting so mad at myself and I hope I start sharing at least one layout a month and I hope I make a LOT more than that.  I really want to get a book done for each kid and grandkid and oh of course for my husband.  Then after that I hope to be able to just keep up with current stuff and also do it for friends too. Then ultimately drastically reduce my supplies and get ready to downsize and retire someday.  

I went ahead and made pages based off of our last sketch Tuesday Morning Sketch #636 these were really fun and it made me see how much I missed scrapbooking.  Just like card making and any time spent creating it can also be a very healing distraction.  I have a couple stressful situations going on that I don’t want to discuss quite yet.  

These were so simple, I just cut an 8x8 square (then cut it into two triangles) for the left layout and that left a 12x4 piece for the right. I also cut 4 - 12”x 1.5” strips of solid coordinating cardstock and punched with an old Martha Stewart punch.  Of course then I just had to mat the photos and I used my Misty to stamp the page titles.

That also left a 4 x 8 piece that I was going to try and make cards with but ran out of time and inspiration.

How are you doing on your Christmas prep?  Am I the only one who still needs to figure out a few gifts?  It usually seems like there is so much time and then all of a sudden NO time!  I got everything shipped this weekend but I still have local friends to do for. 

So head on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and get inspired then take some time for yourself and have fun with “Anything Goes”!




Not quite finished with the pages below but thought I would still share.






5 comments:

  1. Your pages are beautiful, and your models are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LOs!! And your granddaughters are gorgeous!!
    I hope to get back into scrapbooking soon though it's tough enough to get cards made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scrapbook pages! It's been years since I made a page. I love that you used the last card sketch for the page layout. Wishing you a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited that you scrapbooked again! Your pages are lovely and so are those sweet girls of yours. Cheers to 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Patti! These scrapbook pages are wonderful. The books will be cherished, I'm sure. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!