Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #633

Hello hello!!  

Thanks for being here :o) 

I got the background ready for our so nice Tuesday Morning Sketch #633 by Debbie a week early.  I knew that I wanted to use non traditional Christmas colors so I backed some SU flocked paper with CTMH Mulberry colored paper.  Next was going to be to cut out a poinsettia and it sat on my desk for a week even though I had it ready in Cricut Design Space I just wasn’t in the mood to clear off the space behind my machine (I know I’m soooo lazy sometimes!) 

Anyway, I finished it and went in to add it to TMS and Debi did a big poinsettia also and she did a way and I mean WAY better absolutely beautiful job than I!!  At first I just thought oh well I’m posting it anyway because it took me so long to get a good cut of “Christmas” because of how tiny some of the lines are.  

I don’t know if I can shorten this long story but I decided to make another card so I did one with this pretty fox stamp that was a CTMH stamp of the month a while back.  I imagined it with a messy watercolor technique but when I did it at first I didn’t think it looked intentionally messy - do you know what I mean?  Sometimes things are cool and intentionally messy and sometimes they are just a hot mess. 

So, I decided to just stamp it and keep it simple because by that time I really spent a lot of time on what should have been a super easy card.  I swapped out the first poinsettia card with the black and white card then I played with the water colored card and thought maybe if I made some abstract watercolor paper and cut the “happy” out of that it would look ok - and it did YAY so I swapped out the black and white card for what is posted on TMS.  

Story continues….I was going to put the B&W one in my card bin as it was but I couldn’t leave well enough alone.  I added some glitter and gems and now I love that one too - double YAY!  I actually think that one may now be my favorite but I was NOT going to swap out the card on TMS again. All that said I do want to share it and hope you like them all ok. I also hope you have a blast with your first try and all your subsequent tries if you make more.  

Here they are have a look and then head over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and get inspired :o)









3 comments:

  1. I love them all! What a super cute fox and every version you have him in is just wonderful. And the poinsettia card is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, too! That fox caught my eye when I saw it in the catalog. I'm glad you posted your poinsettia. I love the intricate Merry Christmas, the flocked velum, and your flower. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... I LOVE the colored fox and the colored happy die cut, this is my favorite. Your poinsettia card is very pretty and using the mulberry colored paper was a great choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!