Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday Morning Sketches #476

Wow!  Can you believe that after today we have only ONE more Tuesday for October?!?  This year is going to be gone before we know it!  I thought this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch #476 had opportunity for so many fun elements.  I chose to combine the tag and oval, and I loved the subtle hidden treasure of a verse, my favorite part is the napkin I used as the corner element. 

                  

I was actually published in The Stampers Sampler/Take Ten this summer :) using another one of these napkins, what a blessing! They even spotlighted my use of the napkin.  I saved a few of from a church ladies gathering I had at my house to hoard in my stash of "pretties" figuring I would line some envelopes or something with them eventually.  






I used a lot of random items:
Background Paper CTMH
Treasure sentiment Simon Says Stamp June Card Kit (I got for my birthday and I'm finally using it)
Jeremiah Verse - Verve Stamps - I won a few years ago
Cute Tag - Martha Stewart
Flowers - Hobby Lobby Paper Studio I think
Ribbon from stash.  
I encourage you to create with us this week and also to enter your work for a print publication sometime, it's such a great feeling.  Just keep in mind you can't send anything you have posted anywhere already.

Have a WONDERFUL week!








5 comments:

  1. you brought this sketch to life beautifully, making all the elements you chose cohesive and purposeful. I like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well reading the whole post, I've even more impressed...using napkins to create such gorgeous works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your being published, and I love the creative use of napkins here! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! What a great idea to use a napkin!
    Jer. 33:3 is one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - did you share with us before that you were published? I think that is so cool. And what a lovely napkin. Wow! It's perfect with this card and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!