Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday Morning Sketches #466

Hello!  

I know I'm always saying my week was busy but last week took the cake.  From Wednesday afternoon to the following Tuesday I took 5 shuttles, 4 flights, and drove two days from Colorado to Kentucky. Long story - loooong week!  It was an adventure for sure and just when I was congratulating myself for doing all that and not catching anything flying, the day after I got home I got sick. BLEH.  Not every bit of the week was all fun & games but it was helping family and that was such a worthwhile endeavor.

At least I was able to pull off my card for Tuesday Morning Sketch #466.  I actually didn't expect my first try to work so I stamped 3 pieces with the little houses, but I'm actually happy with all three so first off I have my first one.  Also, I  just had to show you last weeks card.  All I had to do to post it in time was put it all together and take a pic.  I was cutting it close to when the shuttle was picking me up and just when I was going to head in to my craft room my husband came home early to see me before I left on my adventures.  

I have no idea what the "real" way people do this technique is but I got the idea from a painting in an ad at Dick Blick online.  I "painted" water along the skyline so that the color would stay where I wanted and then I dropped in enough color until it dripped.  It was quite fun.  I'm impatient though so I had to do a little wiping off an area that got muddy and dropping in more pure color.

I hope you like it - I'm so glad to be back and that you stopped by.  









And my card from last week:









3 comments:

  1. Your cards are very pretty. That watercolor technique is lovely and really pops as background for your image. Your little card for last week was adorable. Sorry you had such a busy/hectic time, and do hope you are feeling better now. Glad to have you back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water colored sky looks great on all of your cards, and I really like the little elephant with balloons on last week's card too! Welcome home from your hectic travels - now it's time to just breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Crazy week. I hope you're feeling better. The cards are fantastic! I love the watercolor behind your buildings. So nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!