Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tuesday Morning Sketches #430

Hi there and happy Tuesday!  

Are you counting your blessings this week? I think I count my blessings quite a bit but I can also have my little pity parties once in a while too.  It's pretty much always in regards to the fact that I'm hours away from my kids & grands and during the holidays it's even harder than usual. Well anyway it's always a good distraction to play along with our TMS Design Team and you all!!  

Ok, so for card #1 I used a Cuttlebug embossing border folder, a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch and my CTMH Cricut Artitst cartridge for the vellum heart. I also used the CTMH clear shimmer pen all over the butterfly and the heart. 
I cut out three hearts of different sizes not knowing the size I would like best.  After I finished up I realized that I really should have used the bigger one. 

Which brings me to card #2.  I was thinking I always tend to choose pretty pastels - I need to make something a little more bold.  So I grabbed the two other hearts and a scrap of border paper plus cut out another red heart the next size up and threw it together.  I used mini dots to attach the vellum and covered them up with the enamel hearts. 

My third card was loosely inspired by the sketch.  It was a piece that I embossed "Thanks" on just to practice for a card I did a few weeks back.  I lazily used the piece from the other side to die cut a scallop thinking I was just going to toss it.  But after making the other two cards and spotting it on my desk, I had a second thought. The nice oversize scalloped circle reminded me of the oversize heart from our sketch so I layered it on a piece of BGP and stuck a butterfly in the middle.

My thanks to Melissa our fearless leader over at TMS for her great sketch and inspiring me to rescue that scrap and turn it into something I can definitely use. 

So is there a partially started "something" in your craft space you can rescue and use this week when you play along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches?

Carol 
Janice 
Jenée
Melissa
Debbie















5 comments:

  1. This must be a fun sketch to try if you made three cards with it! I really like the second one best because of that great combo of papers and hearts. Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your little cards are lovely. I really like your use of the embossing on the border under your heart and butterfly. It adds a special elegance to the card. The peach color is lovely on your border and butterfly. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on using your supplies to make 3 fun cards! I love that embossing folder you used on the first card and now I'm inspired to pull mine out and use it again! Thanks for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty cards! I really like your heart with bold colored one. I never remember I have vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 cards are lovely! You did a great job and I love that you almost always show a few ways to use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!