Sunday, March 6, 2016

TMS #341 Just Us Girls #333 & She's here!

Well I would have a frowny face right now because I see I goofed up and didn't get my card linked over at TMS  #341 in time :(  for some reason I had in my feeble brain that it closed on Monday.  Oh well, I'm still so jazzed about what happened this week that it would take a lot more than that to get me down.  Plus the Just Us Girls #333 challenge is flowers so YAY it will work for that.  I highly encourage you to visit both the challenges and play along sometime soon.  

I'm not sure if you saw my last post but I was heading out to visit my two kids and their little families the next day.  So I had a wonderful first couple of days with all of them and then the BEST thing happened.  My newest little granddaughter was born while I was there!!  She was 6 days over due so I figured there was a good chance of that but as the end of my visit grew near I had to psych myself out for it not to happen.  The last morning my DIL's water broke and baby Solwyn arrived within a couple of hours.  She was born at home with a midwife what a blessing to be there!!! 
So I got to spend the first 8 hours of her life with her and I am one grateful grandma.  I used some new paper from American Crafts that I picked up one day when shopping (and waiting for baby) with my other 4 grandchildren and a stamp set that I won from Verve Stamps a couple of weeks ago. I picked their Scripture Medley 3 set.  For this card I used the most appropriate scripture for how I feel in my heart right now :o)

I'm glad that I made my card before I realized I was too late for TMS because it was a really fun sketch and got my creative juices flowing.  LOL I did get a bit carried away with the enamel dots, I had even more on it but took off a few that I could safely peel off without damaging the paper.  Oh well it doesn't have to be perfect that's one of the fun things about hand made right?




3 comments:

  1. Love the floral banners on your card Patti! Enjoy that beautiful baby too! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and so pretty. Thanks for joining usat Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patti... love it love it! And... congrats on your new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!