Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Tuesday Morning Sketches #680

Thank you so much for being here and thank you in advance so much for hearing me out.  I’m posting last weeks card again along with this weeks pretty sketch for  Tuesday Morning Sketches #680.

You see this year has been non-stop eventful.  Most are good but the last couple months have been physically challenging, with shingles then Covid (and I’m too darn old for that!).  

On top of that lately my 9.5 year old boxer puppies (always my puppies) are having health issues.  They are litter mates and the day we found out that our little Tavo (girl) had cancer and that it would basically be a hospice thing for her - that night during the night she went outside and laid in the cool grass in the back yard and fell asleep forever.  Yep, she passed away and that sweet sweet puppy didn’t even make us make a decision to say good bye she did it for us.  

I know she wasn’t a person and this loss is NOTHING compared to loosing a person- it’s still difficult.  

Well anyway I think that has zapped my creativity so I had a really hard time with finishing my card for our sketch last week.  I wanted it to be a really special card because it is for my granddaughter.  I struggled because I wanted to watercolor it but it’s so hard to stamp on cold press watercolor paper.  

The card for this week’s sketch came together surprisingly easy!  I found myself just dreading it at first (I really never feel that way about creating) NOTHING to do with the sketch because it is absolutely WONDERFUL.  It is just the frame of mind I was in.  So, I just cut out my fav WeRMemory Keepers die and added some stickers and stuff that was already on my desk along with a beloved sentiment from Always With You from CTMH

It just so happens that the hardest part about this card is going to be deciding who will get it!!!  I thank God for soooooo many people in my life!!!  And I even thank God for you if you read this to the end you must be an AMAZING person because I rambled on so!!  

I totally appreciate you stopping by and I will visit your creation this week!!  I promise and I’m really looking forward to seeing what you create with us this week with this oh so pretty sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches #680!!



and from last week:




5 comments:

  1. Oh Patti, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Tavo. Our pets really are part of the family. I love both your cards. Your granddaughter will love the pixie dust one for sure. I use a lot of butterflies so am really loving the one with the pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) Hoping you can find some peace. I'm sorry that you have been struggling.
    Both of these cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your pups. It is hard losing a family member. The card you made for this week's sketch is lovely. Nice work. I like the color blending on the butterflies. Big hug, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Patti. I am in tears - I am so sorry for your loss. I think it's just as hard to lose a puppy as a person. Dogs are so much more loyal and their is pure. Your sweet girl just knew you couldn't go through the pain of putting her down - she did it her way. Sweet baby. Sending you lots of hugs.

    Your cards a lovely. I do the love the contrast of black with those bright colors - they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That black background with the colored die cuts. It really sets them off and it's so striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!