Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #602

Happy happy today to you!!  LOL I realize that you may not be visiting on a Tuesday and I often say happy Tuesday. :o)

I totally cheated this week, I was in a shabby chic mood so I pulled out my bag of scraps that I got for a Beatrix Potter tea that we had for the little girls from church a while back.  I think this paper is Carta Bella most of what is in the bag is but I wouldn’t stake my life on it.  

Anyway, one of the sheets has some cut out stuff on one side and when I saw it - it was pretty much what I had in mind to create.  Then I made it really quick and felt bad that I didn’t try harder so I tried painting a quick wreath which was acceptable until I tried to paint Thank you on it haha- trash!!  I knew I was rushing and not in a very careful mood so I should have looked for a stamp instead but my play room is just a big MESS and I was lazy.  So I embellished the first option and called it done! 

It’s a small 4.5 x 4.5 card - I was happy that I already had a pack of that size cards & envelopes...well because I’m feeling lazy this week + it is the hubs birthday week and he took some time off so I’ve been hanging out with him more.

Just for fun I’ll show you my dud and also the little notebooks that I made for the tea.

Have a great week and have fun with the sketch!




The Potter image is a printable that I purchased from Etsy - I made quite a few different things.  But apparently I was not in a careful mood that day either because the image is cattywampus!

5 comments:

  1. You have such a great variety of cards. On the last card I would just cut the tails of the ribbon shorter to see more if you want. Those floral wreaths are gorgeous and perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations Patti!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Patti! Your first card is lovely; the dud card is dudly, and the notebook is darling. Why is it when a card is perfectly fine, we develop an urge to add just one more thing and in the process, create a dud? I feel your pain, Girlfriend! Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! You're too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! What a great pack of papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!