Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #597

WOW!!!  Tuesday again already!!  It’s so true about how the older you get the quicker time flies!!  Here is what I made for  Tuesday Morning Sketch # 597.  It is completely different from what I thought I was going to do but I really like it.  I enjoyed this more than most the masculine cards I make - I really need to challenge myself to make more. 

The paper is from the new CTMH Daisy Meadows pack.  It is very Easter/Spring themed so I’m extra pleased that I pulled off a masculine card without using paper that was formally masculine per se.  The plaid has some pink lines in it but I used a gray Shinhan marker over the pink, it’s a bit translucent so it turned out a neat color that is almost a perfect match for the light side of CTMH Espresso card-stock.

I wanted to cover the pink because the brother I made this for is the type who would totally say something about it!! LOL - yes one of those guys!!

I pretty much followed the sketch to a T- even up to the use of little punched stars.   I’m looking forward to seeing what papers & elements you put together making this GREAT sketch by Andrea!  Thank you so much for stopping by!!









5 comments:

  1. Haha, you managed to cover that tiny pink stripe!! It is a great masculine card.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job in every way...masculine cards are definitely challenging but this one is awesome...I love the birthday sentiment...what set is it from if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card. Love the plaid. Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real men can pull off pink well! But I love that you "manned" the paper up a bit, what a genius idea. I love this CAS birthday card, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever to change the pink stripe to a masculine tone. I would have never thought to do that. Your card turned out terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!