Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches #554

Hello and happy Tuesday!

I originally had planned on doing a lady bug shaker card for this sketch but I didn’t like the thought of trimming off part of the lady bug but also didn’t like the thought of not accentuating one of the unique features of this week’s Tuesday Morning Sketch # 554 which is the slightly sliced off circle.  

I had cut some hearts for the original shaker card and got the idea to the fill the leftover empty heart circle with inlaid colorful hearts.  At first I was going to cut a batch of hearts from several colors of cardstock but then thought duh....I can just use the broad end of my Shin Han markers to make a few colors.  I rarely ever use the broad tip of markers and now never purchase markers with that type tip. 

So.... I’m quite happy about using a piece of a die cut that I would normally throw away.  I hope your ready to plant some cheerful flowers now that Mother’s Day has passed and I also hope to see your creations soon for this weeks fun sketch!!  

Have a NICE week!








Debi
Melissa
Tammy
Hetty (Every other week)
Kitty (Every other week)
Lisa Lynn (Every other week)
Margaret (Every other week)


6 comments:

  1. Cute card, Patti! For some reason, this reminds me of pizza. I think I'm hungry! I need to get my breakfast! Pizza would sure taste good right now! Love the colourful hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those rainbow hearts and dry embossed hearts are so adorable. I'm like Kitty....thinking of pizza, lol. It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the embossed BG and the hearts you colored! That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I {heart} this card! What a great idea for making those little hearts and your card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It's fun and bright and I love that you used pieces from a different card for it! Really great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw your card it reminded me of a painter's palette with colorful hearts in place of paint. It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!