Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Tuesday Morning Sketches #657

 Ahhhhhh it feels so good to say I’m back!!!

It has been a loooong, frustrating, exciting, confusing, wonderful, stressful, BUSY, exhausting, mixed emotion, thrilling 3 months!! My husband had been wanting to find a new job around the end of the year.  One of those mornings that I worked all night I got home and was on my way to bed and he said hey why don’t we move by family instead of let a job dictate where we live. I kinda almost thought I was dreaming because I had been hoping and praying about moving for years.  

Well here we are, things fell into place and we moved by the end of the quarter instead of the end of the year! We sold our home that we truly loved, wish we could have moved it with us. Sent our belongings off on a truck and traveled 3.5 days and 3 nights with our two senior boxer dogs from Utah to Kentucky! In between that morning and arriving here we also purchased a house that was about to finish completion, I flew out to see it for the first time on a Monday and we arrived to move in the following Tuesday. 

It’s taking me a long time to set up my craft room because I’m working full time and for the first several weeks I was also working part time in addition to full time.  This is long enough though so I may need to get more off my chest in future posts but this is how my room looked until a couple weeks ago and it’s still not that much better lol!

It actually took me 3 weeks just to get to what it was like in the photo. I did manage to make my first card in my new room-yay!  I hope you like it ok and that you have fun creating with this sketch!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for stopping by - I’m so excited to see what you make!










9 comments:

  1. It's a cute space. Can't wait to see it all come together. Hope you will share more of your journey with us. It's such a brave thing to do. Congrats on your new home and new...everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Love the colors. Congrats on your new home. Good luck in this new chapter of your life. Welcome to the midwest. Where in Kentucky did you move? I am in southern Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you back, Patti!! Great card!
    I hope you begin to feel settled soon. I have still have boxed fronm our move 2 yrs ago that I need to go through! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t believe it has already been 2 years since you moved Debbie!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Patti! If it will make you feel any better, we've been back from our winter in Fl. 6 weeks and I just unpacked the last of the crafty stuff that I had taken along. I can't imagine the unpacking you have to do while working! Your card is great, happy and creative. Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! My husband and I did the same several months ago- moved from CO to KY! Where did you end up settling? We’re in Burkesville. Your card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti I am so glad you're back. What a crazy ride you had the past 3 months.

    Your card is adorable - love the watermelon piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your take on the sketch. Your interpretation of the background layer is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!