Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #623

 Hello!  Thank you for being here!!  

It’s time to have a look & try your hand at Tuesday Morning Sketches #623 by Melissa :o)

I was having so much fun and I had the next day off when I made these so I couldn’t resist making a few. Truth be known it was mostly because I had a really hard time deciding what paper/colors to use so I just used all that I could fit in my time - I stayed up till 1:00 a.m. so I did make a couple goofs but I decided not to let it stress me out.   

I cheated a little in that I used stickers instead of stamping but I figured the die-cutting, planning etc was enough and all in all I really like them.  I already gave the gold one away to one of my friends to give to her friend.

Everything I used is current CTMH products.




Not sure why but I couldn’t get in to Cricut Design Space when I was making these so I had to improvise with die-cuts to achieve the shapes I wanted. For the first scalloped oval I cut a little section out of the middle so I could make it more narrow.  


For the smaller rings I cut a smaller circle out of the circle that was left over from the larger ring.



For the gold and copper rings I cut them in half so I could make them larger so the scalloped oval would look narrower.



Now it’s your turn I hope you have as much fun as I did with this great sketch by Melissa Craig!!  Just head on over to Tuesday Morning Sketches for more inspiration & ENJOY!




3 comments:

  1. So clever to cut the middle out of the oval to make it fit. I tried fussy cutting an oval but it looked awful. Your cards turned out terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice improvising. There's more than one way to follow a sketch! I like the bling in the circles, the neutral colors in the second card, and the 3rd card makes me hungry for pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so great! So glad you got some good crafting time in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!