Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tuesday Morning Sketches #622

Whew hi hi hi!!! 

I had a very quick couple of weeks for 4 cherished way too fast days I traveled to see my son and his sweet little family.  We had our annual un-birthday party (since I’m never there for anyone’s birthday :o( - everyone gets a little something) and celebrated one of my grandson’s Maxima Cum Laude honor in the National Latin Examination and made cards, did puzzles & s'mores and everything else grandmotherly that I could try and fit in during such a short time. This was a different set of grandkids - the granddaughter I mentioned a couple weeks ago is my daughters daughter.  One day I hope & pray to have us all together for a visit again.  

You may or may not have noticed that I got my post ready last week but not my card grrrrr.  Well it was such a great sketch that I added a card anyway when I got back. Plus I made two cards for this week so I hope ya’ll forgive me - yep I was in Kentucky hence the ya’ll lol. 

Then on to this weeks sketch -honestly I thought it would be more of a struggle than it actually was.  It was out of the box a little for me but that was a very good thing!  I was excited to play with new CTMH papers and use these neat little real wood stickers but I also have more ribbon than anyone needs and this sketch lent itself perfectly to use some of it.  I ended up totally enjoying the sketch and I know you will too!!





Instead of doing strips or layering a solid piece of paper I cut out a shape to make better use of the paper - I just thought it was a little too busy for this card so I will use it on a scrapbook page.




3 comments:

  1. Both your cards turned out wonderful! I really love the colors you used on the pumpkin card. I'm so ready for fall! Glad you had time to spend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the velum piece, the pretty ribbon and embossing on the matching envelope of the first card.
    The fall paper is a bit busy but you toned it down well with the gray plaid in between. Is that the flip side of the fall paper? I really like that! Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely birthday card and I was totally impressed until I saw the pumpkin card. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!