Sunday, November 28, 2010

January & February Year of Memories Club Pages

In December my Year of Memories Clubs will be making their Feb. 2011 layout because the Stamp of the Month, Amore, is just perfect for it. So happy that I resisted the temptation to play with something else today; I actually made a second sample layout for January and February. I used Jingle and Magnifique paper packs. I really wanted to do a pink & blue combo instead of just pinks &/or reds plus thought it would be nice to use some Magnifique paper to transition easily from the January layout.

Got a little crazy with the Sparkles on my first layouts and used all the ones out of the packs that were the right color, there's lots more Sparkles left just not more of the colors I want for these projects. It's kind of good to see them with and without anyway. Here it is w/o Sparkles...


And here it is with....oh yes and on the top one, (which was actually the second one I made) I added some stamped cutouts, I will add those to this one too... since I'm calling the technique for this workshop Luscious Layers we may even add a couple more.



This is the page my Clubs will make for January 2011 (stamp set is Circle of Love) without Sparkles...


With Sparkles...

The monthly titles haven't been added yet because I was going to use the Field Trip Alphabet but, I changed my mind after I previewed the January Inspiration brochure. There's a new set called Bohemiam Alphabet that I can hardly wait to get my hands on....it's so perfect! It will be available as part of a very special deal in January too!!
The technique featured for the January page is embossing. We will stamp the peacock in Chocolate, stamp over it again with embossing ink, use clear embossing powder-then sponge some Pacifica & Lagoon over it. Our wonderful clear stamps, eliminate the need for so many different colors of powder - isn't that great?!

1 comment:

  1. These are great layouts. I really like the fresh color combo of the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!