Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday Morning Sketches # 577

Hello thanks so much for stopping by!!

Here’s what I made for Tuesday Morning Sketches #577.  I was learning a little about abstract art in an attempt to get out of my box.  I’ve never tried it ever until this week and I found that it isn’t as easy as I thought it would be to make something I actually like.  I was also in the mood to get out my alcohol inks and they made it a little easier but still this was at least my 4th try!  I guess I must have had beginners luck the first time I tried them a couple years back because I really liked the two things I made back then.  If I find them I’ll try to add to post. 

I didn’t think this style lended itself to a bow like the sketch called for and I couldn’t think of a suitable substitute so I left it simple.  There’s soooooo much you can do with this great sketch by Melissa, so head on over and get lots of inspiration from our team.  I hope you have a blast playing with it and I’m looking forward to seeing what you create!!

Have a fabulous week!!



 





8 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning alcohol background on your fab card.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, I've seen this technique before but I've never attempted to try it, but you just got me so intrigued, your card looks amazing.
    Can I ask you what kind of paper you used? I've read Yupo paper works really good.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, you heard right Yupo paper works great and it’s not too price either!! Thanks so much for your kind words!!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a real WOW card! Only 4 tries? Awesome.
    Hugs, Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you getting all artsy again! You're so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to try new things and it turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting - I know your time is valuable and I appreciate it very much!!